The Roost Creative Scholarship is one of the initiatives I’m most proud of spearheading this year! We’re giving one emerging creative the opportunity to benefit from 12 months in an inspired shared co-working space, mentoring, funds towards their pursuits and an showcase at the end of it all to launch them into the professional community.
This is the ultimate opportunity for an emerging creative to explore, refine and connect alongside a professional and established creative community and is valued at over $6,500. The package includes:
– a 12-month membership of The Roost, including a dedicated workspace (from January to December 2019),
– a 12-month mentoring programme through The Business Centre,
– a $500 grant to put towards courses or materials that benefit your work,
– the opportunity to buddy up with a Rooster who can pass on skills and tricks of the trade,
– help putting on an exhibition or show at the end of the scholarship
Applications have been streaming in thick and fast so the competition will be tight! On the selection panel I will have our Roost President Andy Jones, Roost Vice President Ant Svensk, a representative from The Business Centre, creative stalwart Kevin Coffey and myself in the capacity of the Roost’s General Manager.
For more details and to apply, visit https://theroostcreative.com.au/scholarship-launch-2018/
[Pictured: a young Ben Mitchell and one of our longest-serving Roosters. Artwork by Bronte McKell]